- Assisting to resident’s needs, all personal care and showers
- Home Style Cooking
- Dietary accommodations made
- Work with resident’s recipes,
- Restricted Diets: diabetic, low salt, etc.
- Thorough cleaning , household chores and laundry.
Health Monitoring & Medication Administration
- Health care monitoring/ record keeping of physician orders, blood pressure, blood glucose and insulin, weight, fluid intake and output, etc.
- Staff observations
- Administration of Medication, all details pertaining to the doctor ordered prescription & over-the-counter medication. Working with Families on other medical supplies.
- Individual service plan
Medical Appointments & Emergencies
- Arranging and managing all medical appointments follow-ups and yearly checkups.
- Coordinating to assure continuity of quality care among multiple medical disciplines designed for each individual..
- Accompanying resident to help with reporting to physicians: the health monitoring requested, along with other details, & observations noted by staff of medical changes, concerns, and improvements.
- In Emergency, personally accompanying our residents bringing knowledge, medications, history, observations, information, and insight of resident to physicians.
- Handicapped van available to and from appointments, visits with family, etc.
Dedicated, Well-Trained Staff Truly Caring…
- Staff is educated/trained in CPR, first aid, fire safety, blood pathogens, resident’s rights, medications, overall safety, positioning transfers, and transfer from one place to another, e.g. wheel chair to bed, etc.: diabetic diet and insulin trained, renal diet and other education throughout the year, etc.
- Staff is experienced with stroke impairments, heart conditions, pelvic injuries, dementias, physical and mental disability, diabetics, verbally limited, end stage kidney disease, frail, chronic ill, terminally ill, and those desiring “Comfort Care” etc.
- Staff works well, teamed with Hospice personnel, as requested by physicians and families.
- Staff provides the resident an opportunity to continue their exercise program established by a physical therapist in our home.
- Assist in the stabilization, strengthening,and/or aid in the restoration, of addressed areas, with successful outcomes!
Handicapped Equipment, Specialty Equipment
- Extremely well equipped
- Household is handicapped ready
- All handicapped accessible bathrooms, larger door entries.
- Transfer Lift Ceiling Tracking in 2 bedrooms.
- And hall way providing safety & ease with transfers and lifts,
- Sit-to–stand, gliding shower chair, manual hydraulic chair, lift chairs, swivel transfer stand, trapeze, hospital beds, elevator stair chair and many more.
- For the blind or those with macular degeneration: large TV screen, magnified screen reader, magnifying TV screen, audio library provided by the Blind Foundation and many other accessories.
In Home - Community Based Spiritual Support
- Welcoming pastoral visits, Hospice Chaplain
- Our local Catholic Churches provides Eucharistic Ministers to our shut-ins, Staff Assist with religious readings and
Family & Life Enrichment In Home And Community
- Support and encourage family involvement
- Communicating progress, needs, goals, Emergencies, Dr. reports when appropriate.
- Making Memories, thru family dinners/ potlucks, Veteran’s Award Ceremonies,Holiday gatherings: Annual Family Christmas Party, Easter Bonnet Luncheon, family outings encouraged, fishing tournaments, picnics, and so many more…
- We provide overnight accommodations, for visits, at Holiday & seasonal parties and during comfort care & hospice care. For a minimal fee.
Local Beauty Salon Provides, In-Home Salon Services
- Wisconsin-funded and self direct programs
Assisted Living of Durand
Home: 715-672-3936 . Office: 715-672-3710 . Fax: 715-672-8435 . Tours by appointment
Site Brought to you by: M-Vision Web Design